Sunday, December 1, 2013

New Directions

So I've put some thought into where this blog is going to go over the coming months and years.

The following are how I plan to change things up a bit starting, well, with my next review.

1) I'm done with the goofy titles. I'll bring them back for new editions of the 1001 Movies list, but they're too damn hard to think of all the time. From this point forward, except for 1001 Movies reviews, I'll just be using the title of the film and the year if it's needed to differentiate from remakes or other films with the same name.

2) New lists. At the right, under the title "Pages" you can find a series of lists. There's a link to the main list, of course, but also to five Oscar categories and a trio of horror movie lists. Those will be taking the bulk of my time now, although I probably won't remain exclusive to them. I'll also likely add some Oscar categories in the future.

3) Letterboxd. I have taken the plunge on Letterboxd. My name there is SJHoneywell. I'll be slowly adding reviews in the months ahead. All of my Letterboxd reviews will be in haiku form and will all have the tag "haiku review."

4) New features. Starting in January, I'll be announcing two new features for the blog. One will happen weekly (I hope) and the other will happen monthly. Look for the first around the end of the first week of the month and the other in the middle of the month starting next year.

8 comments:

  1. "I'm done with the goofy titles."

    Was "New Directions" a "Glee" reference? Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I've never watched more than five minutes of Glee.

      Delete
  2. Steve, I'm glad to hear that you're not slowing down your pace. When I see a title like "new directions", I get nervous that you're going on hiatus or something. Looking forward to your future reviews. I'm with you on titles. When mine are different than "blah blah marathon: film title", I waste too much time on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably will slow down some--3 to 4/week is the pace I'm looking at for next year. That's doable without killing myself.

      Delete
  3. "I'm done with the goofy titles." -- say it 'aint so! They were a lot of fun (i always tried guessing the movie that you were reviewing based solely on the title.

    Glad to see you carrying on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't keep it up. I've discovered that despite my best efforts I've reused a bunch of titles over and over. It feels like cheating.

      Delete
  4. Kudos for all the clever goofiness you've treated us with throughout the years, you've definitely earned your right to retire from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, with no fun post titles in the last month, I kind of miss them. Maybe I'll bring them back.

      Delete