Friday, July 1, 2011

Month 18 Status Report

A grand total of 21 movies last month, 11 of them subtitled, which is pretty good. I've gotten away from watching the early stuff, though--not a single silent, and I didn't go any earlier than the Marx Brothers. I also managed to stray from the path of watching the really long movies still on the list, something that I'll be correcting in the next couple of weeks.

Still, I'm happy with the progress to this point. I'm still on pace to finish at the end of 2013--and that's with an additional 30 movies added to the list (which would cover the 2011, 2012, and 2013 editions).

I'm going to try to catch up on my missing blog club reviews--there are a couple dozen I'm missing at the moment, as well as two upcoming ones that I haven't watched yet. Sometimes it feels like this project pulls me in multiple directions. At least I'm still having fun with it.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work - 21 movies in a month is no small feat, especially considering the quality and depth of your writing. As always, looking forward to your continued reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 feels like too few, especially when the month ended with a week off from work. Still, July is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews are great. But the main thing is that it's fun for you, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I do this because I enjoy it, but it's important to me that other people enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete